Movement Evaluation - for individuals and teams
Wouldn't it be great to know - specifically - where you can develop better strength, balance, and mobility to keep you healthy and avoid future injuries?
Maximize your physical performance and minimize your potential for injury through assessment and education with the expert athletic trainers at the Prime Sports Institute. You can benefit from a Movement Evaluation - whether you consider yourself to be an elite, pro, or college-bound athlete. Prime is also reaching out to participants in youth sports, high school athletes,
What does a movement evaluation consist of?
Your evaluation will begin with a Functional Movement Screen (FMS). This is an assessment tool consisting of seven fundamental movement patterns that place and individual in positions where movement deficits become noticeable if the appropriate strength, stability and mobility are not present.
What do my results tell me?
Results will help us identify any asymmetries, imbalances or weakness in your movement patterns.
- - We'll give you a simple recovery plan and provide training on how to properly use a foam roller based on the latest research.
- - Come away with 3 to 4 individualized exercises based on the FMS to help you prepare your body for training & competition while helping you prevent future injuries
- - Recommendations will be made if any further evaluation or training sessions are needed.
What should I wear?
Dress in comfortable workout clothes. You should wear normal workout or running shoes. (No cleats!)
How long does it take?
Your visit will take up to an hour, but may vary depending on individual results.
How much does it cost?
- Individual screen and consultation – $75
- 30-min Follow-up session (if recommended) - $50
- Youth and High School Sports Team Evaluations (minimum of 4 people) - $25 / person
How do I schedule an appointment?
For an individual screen and consultation, you can go online and book a 60-min athletic training session. For Teams and Groups (between 4 and 12 individuals) please email us or call 360-922-3120 for more information and to find a time that will work.
Does this replace a pre-participation physical?
No - a movement evaluation would be in addition to a Pre-participation Physical (PPE). You should continue to go see your primary care physician. Ideally, the athlete's personal physician should provide the PPE at their office where patients are comfortable discussing sensitive information and where past medical records are available.