To offer Bellingham a new concept of helping people maintain healthy, active lifestyles through massage, exercise prescription, & wellness education.
Located Downtown Bellingham inside Performance Health NorthWest
PRIME Massage & Sports Medicine is located in Performance Health NorthWest. Utilize 1450 square feet of space including: 3 multi-disciplinary treatment rooms, a large rehab/prehab area, & comfortable waiting area.
Address: 1433 N. State Street, Bellingham, WA 98225 next to
Parking: Metered parking available on State Street; Free 2 hour parking on Champion Street; Free parking on Forest Street.
Knowledgeable, professional, innovative, team player with thirteen years of experience providing health care to patients in the physical therapy, high school, Division I college athletic settings, and professional athletes. Community-focused individual who focuses on creating an individualized experience for clients.
- Whatcom Community College – Massage Practitioner Certificate June 2012
- Washington State University — B.S. Kinesiology, Athletic Training 1999
- Dean's List 4.0 GPA - Whatcom Community College, Fall 2011, Winter 2012, Spring 2012
- Most Outstanding Graduating Senior - Washington State University 1999, College of Education, Kinesiology
- American Massage Therapy Association
- National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Washington State Athletic Trainers' Association
- North Cascade Massage Connection
OWNER, PRIME ( FORMERLY, PERSONALIZED HEALTH SOLUTIONS), May 2012 - present
- Massage Therapy and Athletic Training Services
- 2013 Presenter of "Resolutions Workshop" at Village Books
- 2012/2013 Bellingham Bay Marathon - Massage Therapy
- 2012/2013 Bellingham Traverse - Massage Therapy
PAC-12 SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS, February 2012
- Athletic Trainer UCLA Women's Swimming Team
ATHLETIC TRAINER, WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY, PULLMAN, WA September 2008-July 31, 2011
- Provided primary medical care, including injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation and injury counseling for Women’s Volleyball, Women’s Swimming, and Women’s Tennis
- NCAA Championship Tournament Women's Volleyball
- PAC-10 Championships Women's Swimming
- NCAA Championship Women's Swimming
- Approved Clinical Instructor (ACI) through Washington State University
ATHLETIC TRAINER, SUMMIT THERAPY, PULLMAN REGIONAL HOSPITAL, PULLMAN, WA 2000-2008
- Assisted physical therapy patients with individualized therapeutic treatments using various modalities including: manual therapy, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, mechanical traction, and therapeutic exercises.
- Created individualized home exercise programs
- Supported physical therapists with various manual therapy techniques including: joint mobilizations, various Mulligan Techniques (NAGS and SNAGS), neuro mobilizations, and soft tissue mobilization
PULLMAN HIGH SCHOOL, PULLMAN, WA & GARFIELD-PALOUSE HIGH SCHOOL, PALOUSE, WA 2000-2008
- Provided athletic training services for practice and game coverage for football, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, football, wrestling, track and field, tennis, baseball, and fast pitch softball.
Continuing Education Courses
- Deep Tissue Massage for Lumbar Spine, Hip, & Leg - Seattle, WA November 2013
- Advanced Manual Therapy Techniques of the Spine - Phoenix, AZ November 2010
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: International Brain Injury Association - Seattle, WA 2008
- The Mulligan Concept: An Introductory Course for Mobilizations with Movement - Spokane, WA 2007
- Treating Migraine and Other Headaches with Massage - Spokane, WA 2007
- Therapeutic Yoga: Bridging Ancient Practices with Traditional Therapy Techniques - Spokane, WA 2006
- Management of the Endurance Athlete - Bend, OR 2004
- Biomechanics of the Cyclist and Biomechanical Bike Fit Training - Seattle, WA 2004
- The Biomechanics of the Cyclist: Fit, Function and Pathology - Renton, WA 2004
- International Weightlifting Association Certification Course - Seattle, WA 2004
- The Mulligan Concept: Spinal and Peripheral Manual Therapy Treatment Techniques - Pullman, WA 2002
- Neuro Orthopedic Institute: Mobilization of the Nervous System - Pullman, WA 2002
- Improving Sensory Processing Using Aquatics: Aquatic Therapy for Patients with Spinal Cord Injury - Portland, OR 2002
- Chain Reaction Explosion: Gary Gray and David Tiberio - Phoenix, AZ 2001
"I have known Kerry Gustafson since she was an athletic training student at Washington State University. Even then she showed exceptional attention to detail and dedication to the athletes she cared for. She has since worked at a physical therapy clinic and then as a certified athletic trainer at Washington State University. Kerry listens to her client’s concerns and ambitions and integrates their goals into her treatment plans. This experience with high-level athletes and her active life style help her understand the needs of those who expect to return to a high level of activity. Her previous manual medicine skills and training as a massage therapist further enhance her abilities to assist clients who are recovering from injuries and to improve their performance."
Jeff Radakovich, MD, Team Physician, Washington State University
"I came to Kerry ready to give up on racing all together. Within a few days she had me back running and ready to tackle the coming triathlon season.
The best thing is that PRIME gets to the root of issues so that they don't haunt you as you work and train to be your best. Kerry has put this humpty dumpty back together and made me stronger than ever. I would not have completed Ironman without her expertise, knowledge, and passion."
Christopher Garret Hughes, Triathlete
"Kerry is by far the absolute best massage and sports therapist I have ever been to. She is an absolute professional knowledgeable in physiology, form, function, and physical dynamics. I am always amazed at how well she can find and fix issues in my body, and they stay fixed! As an athlete I need someone who can understand what I do and how I challenge my body. As an athlete and trainer herself, she gets it and works with me in a way that enrolls me in the total healing process with simple yet really effective exercises and the support to ask her questions at any time. She constantly takes the time to go the extra mile with her clients. I have also done the running gait analysis with her, which was the coolest and most helpful process. She was able to identify my deficiencies, give me exercises to strengthen and eliminate them, and I have never run stronger and healthier. I just can't say enough about the quality of this woman's work."
Nichole E., Multisport Athlete